Awning & Casement Windows SovereignSeries™
Maximum sizes for awning, casement, fixed windows, and sashes vary by width, height, wind zone, and glazing requirement. Your local Bradnam's branch will be able to advise you whether a configuration is possible or contact NALCO Technical support.
As a guide, maximum fixed window panels up to 2.3m by 1.5m and sashes of 1.5m by 1.2m are recommended.
Note: For compliance with NZS4211:2008 and the NZ Building Code a security stay, safety latch, or restrictor may be required for certain sash sizes.
- Window frames have optional facings ranging from 25mm, 35mm cover, or no facing.
- Provision of a 24mm glazing pocket.
- The internal cover plate for concealed fixing has two options, 12756 or square internal cover 12755, providing for a variety of detail finishes.
- Curved frames are also available.
Glazing, Beads and Sash Types
- Two pocketed sash types are available, flush or proud. The flush sash has the additional option of multi point locking.
- French casement sashes are available.
- A range of 10 beads are available to accommodate glazing options from 4mm to 24mm and to provide a variety of finishing styles from sloped to square.
Mullions and Transoms, Corner Posts and Coupling Bars
Mullions and transoms are chosen based on spans and wind loads to add strength to the window to cope with higher wind loads.
- In addition to nine standard mullions there are three heavy square box mullions to accommodate the style and necessary performance strength to meet deflection requirements. Refer WeatherTight™ awning window profile section for smaller mullions options.
- Box mullions give a flush appearance on the outside with an internal box that aligns with the inside of the frame.
- Two corner posts, 45° and 90°, are available.
- Three coupling bars options, 45°, 90°, and 180° are available.
Aluvent passive ventilation enables passive ventilation to be included in sashes and fixed light panels but not in fixed panels of sliding doors. Refer to Aluvent section.
Standard range of flashings include 84mm, 71mm, 63mm, 58mm, 53mm, 48mm, 41mm, 38mm, 31mm, 25mm, and 14mm. Refer to flashings section.
In addition to the standard range of window hardware the flush sash will accommodate a multi point locking with selected handles as an option. Casement hinges are also available. Refer to hardware section.
Refer to the jambliners section.