Awning & Casement Windows WeatherTight™
Maximum sizes for awning, casement, fixed windows, and sashes vary by width, height, wind zone, and glazing requirement. Your local Bradnam's branch will be able to advise you whether a configuration is possible or contact Altus Technical support.
Note: For compliance with NZS4211:2008 NZ Building Code a security stay, safety latch, or restrictor may be required for certain sash sizes.
- Standard window frame with a 19mm facing cover and 24mm glazing pocket.
- Flat faced frame with 25mm facing cover.
- Chair frame is also available for a range of applications, including masonry when required.
- Two frame cover extensions that increase facing cover by 21mm are also available when required.
- Curved frames are available – both in elevation and in plan.
- Insert window frame for replacement into timber frame rebates.
Glazing, Beads and Sash Types
- Pocketed sashes provide for greater security and can accommodate glazing sizes from 4mm to 22mm.
- Beaded sashes are used to provide for a wide range of single and double glazing options from 4mm to 24mm and are more prevalent in work glazed on site.
- French casement sashes are available with glazing options from 4mm to 24mm.
- A range of 10 beads are available to accommodate glazing options from 4mm to 24mm and to provide a variety of finishing styles from sloped to square.
Mullions and Transoms, Corner Posts and Coupling Bars
Different mullions and transoms are selected to add strength to the window to cope with higher wind loads.
- A range of nine mullions and transoms ranging from flat, fins, or box back are available to accommodate style or the necessary performance strength to meet stiffness requirements. Box mullions can be viewed in the SovereignSeries™ awning window profiles section.
- Corner posts 135° and 90° are available.
- Coupling bars are available as standard or heavy duty.
An aluvent passive ventilator enables passive ventilation to be included into sashes and fixed windows. Refer to the Aluvent section.
A standard range of flashings include 95mm, 84mm,71mm, 68mm, 63mm, 58mm, 53mm, 48mm, 45mm, 41mm, 38mm, 31mm, 25mm and 14mm. These have been designed to comply with E2/AS1 Amendment 6 requirements. Refer to the flashings section.
In addition to the usual range of window hardware, casement hinges are also available, allowing many specialist designs to be created. Refer to your local manufacturer for advice.